Website S&S Centerless Grinding, Inc.
- Sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal workpieces to blueprint specifications, following tooling instructions and standard charts and applying knowledge of grinding procedures: Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions, such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
- Dresses wheels to specifications, using dressing device.
- Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
- Positions and secures work rest at specified height, using wrenches.
- Lifts and positions work piece manually or with hoist, and secures it between wheels and on work rest.
- Starts machine and observes operation.
- Verifies dimensions of ground work piece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- Changes worn grinding wheels, using wrenches.
- May set up automatic work-feeding device.
- May grind nonmetallic materials.
- High School/ or Equivalent diploma. Technical school training a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail & accuracy. Able to use/read calipers, Depth gages, micrometers.
- Ability to work with others.
- Mechanically inclined &/or technically skilled individual preferred.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of area/function.
- Punctual & organized individual.
Experience running Blanchard Grinder, Centerless Grinders, or diamond tool equipment is a major plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org